Wednesday, June 10, 2015

and it just keeps getting better

Well, I won't bore you with all the little details, but another good day for team wescott.
I guess your day really can't even be half bad if you start it waking up in the countryside. Then back to reality with a meeting with us four Lehigh students and our American Councils coordinators. A lot was accomplished in today's meeting mostly because two of the girls I am with could not believe my living situation. Basically Francesca is OCD, germaphobic, and slightly paranoid. For example this week she started requesting I take two showers a day... because you know diseases and such are everywhere on the street so we have to be absolutely uber careful.
Honestly, living with Francesca has me wanting to buy one of these Orange hazmat suits.

ahh yes, very stylish, I know.

But before I could make the hazmat suit investment, I received a call from one of the program supervisors proposing that I switch families! (Alleluia) 
SO if everything goes to plan I get to live with Mikayla's host family and their fabulous flower children Inga and Anna-Maria (see below post) 
Things really do work out. 

Today at work, we also hosted a small fundraiser (trivia night! woot woot!) which was really fun, and I felt like I was actually helpful. All very big things. 

So things are good, I am alive and well, and extremely tired (hence the short post). I will end with some random, last-minute, closing thoughts.
1. The women here are so damn skinny. I don't understand. Moldovan women have become my new motivation to run off all the plachinta and bors.
2. Water isn't free in restaurants. Did I mention that already because I'm still not quite over it. Very strange... it should be a human right to have water!
3. The street names are all on crack " Stada Alexi Meteevici "  and "Kogalnniceanu". It's like speaking with marbles in your mouth. Or this one street is "31 August 1989 " Like yes, this is clearly some very important date, but all those numbers are part of the street name... so that gets confusing with house numbers, or like god forbid you have a apartment building and apartment number. ay what a head ache. 





 I really think the gates here are wonderful. This is the blue one outside of Ana-Maria and Inga (Mikayla's host sister's home)

Their escape for the city life!

As promised, here is a picture of one of the ancient buses. It really does feel like a different planet here at times. Like I honestly have a hard time comp rending that life at home is even a thing. We are in these separate worlds, yet the same world. It's mind boggling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment