Wednesday, July 15, 2015

It's all about the climbbbbbbb (into the Romanian Mountains)

Tonight we head to the Romanian mountains for a little less than a week, so that means no wifi WOOO. So if I don't respond there's a 40% chance I actually wouldn't have responded anyways 60% I just don't have internet connection.

I am beyond excited that the Burlescus invited Mikayla and I on their holiday to Lacul Rosu (Red Lake). I have been so lucky to be adopted by a family that has provided endless opportunities to see Moldova and beyond. I was not entirely sure how much of Europe I would be able to see outside of Moldova, especially on a budget. Seeing three and a half countries (Transnistria is only recognized by Russia) has been really amazing.

Moldova, Italy, {Transnistria}, and now fleeing to the mountains of Romania! That's a pretty bad ass list if you ask me. From what I understand about our Romania trip, we will be doing a ton of hiking and swimming, which I am all about. Apparently the weather in the mountains is a little spontaneous, so hopefully we don't get too much rain! Also the mornings are suppose to be pretty chilly (damn the climate change with altitude), but I think otherwise the weather will be really nice!

So if you're one of the few who read daily (looking at you mom), I'll probably post again next Wednesday! La revedere! (killing it with the Romanian, I know you're all so impressed)

Since I am lacking pictures for today, I'll leave you all with some (not so excellent) pictures that I took while driving home that will completely juxtapose the Romanian mountain landscapes.

JUST SO HYPE OVER THESE RUGS

Gotta love that post soviet look!  

It's really strange because there are some buildings that are brand new next to buildings that are completely rubble.



Europe or South America?

I probably wouldn't have guessed Europe..

Our district, Botanica, is mostly apartment buildings. 




Lots of apartments and trees! Apparently the greenest capital in Europe.




No comments:

Post a Comment