Saturday, May 30, 2015

And we're here

It's honestly hard to wrap my head around that idea that this time yesterday I was just leaving my home on the way to Moldova. A full day of travel later (10 hour flight to Istanbul, a killer layer over, and quick hour flight to Chisinau) I am completely exhausted, yet I already feel more worldly. I've found already that Moldovians are very friendly people. They were always quick to strike up a conversations at the airport and on the plane, and even help us with our pathetic attempt at Romanian.  We final got down the phrases "multumesc" (thank you), "vĂ¢ rog" (please), and "Noapte Buna" (goodnight), so we are basically fluent.



My first moments out of the country ever... 



Making friends in Istanbul!

Running into American friends in Istanbul!

We weren't crazy about the flight food..

takeoff in Istanbul 



There were a lot of tears leaving Istanbul... (turn your volume up)



and we finally made it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment